& give your face a rest. (Stretch out wide & ease your manly chest!) (Only to be sung loudly with goofy grins fully in place...)
I've been wanting to reestablish a thankful/gratitude journal for a while now, & have taken forever getting around to it. The more I thought about it, the more I realized how fruitful a shared journal could be. Smiles and sincere thankfulness are like dandelion seeds of happiness and "warm fuzzies," so why not be responsible for blowing those seeds out into the world to spark life into the sun-cracked, routinely trodden sidewalks in our minds? (Can you tell I've been reading Shel Silverstein lately?). Anyways, back on point. My goal with this blog is to set expectations for publishing low with the intent that the follow-through will be more consistent than my last attempt, when life was significantly more eventful.
I want to make a point to be consciously thankful for at least one new thing each day, and invite anyone who cares to join me to create a running record of why I'm (or you're) happy to be alive...like the 30 day photo challenge, but ongoing & easier to complete.
Exercise creativity. Inspire fond trips down memory lane (thanks for the blog title, Grandpa Lee). Encourage empathy. Remember compassion. Document happiness. Who's with me?
I'm with you daughter. I'm thankful for my three wonderful kids. You all are amazing, kind, and talented. I appreciate how you all keep moving forward without complaint. It's a wonderful experience to be inspired by my kids. Really, there are a lot of things and experiences in our world that we can appreciate and find inspiration in if we can turn our focus off ourselves and look outward. So, here's to new and fresh perspectives. Cheers all.
ReplyDeleteAinslee's Dad, Scott Metherd
Being thankful is as easy as saying thank you. No matter if someone is just handing you a cup of coffee, made a special one of a kind blanket just for you, or giving you a hug after you have shed more than a few tears. Being truely thankful, is giving meaning to things... just being thankful puts a lightness and a caring weight into what we recieve and what we give. It is like I say, that my senses give my life texture, and thankfulness helps spread meaning. It wasn't just a smile , it wasn't just a paper fan on a hot day... it was an extention of love and thankfulness to carry it home. :)
ReplyDeleteI love you buddy... I know you know that :), because we are not shy in how we express it! I am thankful that you are so willing to show your thankfulness! Yes Cheers, but not in the old British saying .... Cheers in the way the song goes, " You just make me want to shout, come on everybody let's shout... lift your arms and shout" ... ahem well something like that :) .
Buddies forever - Abs